Integrative dentistry is an approach to dentistry that promotes health and wellness, not simply the treatment of disease. This philosophy encompasses both modern science as well as knowledge drawn from the world’s great traditions in natural healing.
Biological and Mercury-free Dentistry
What are the Dangers of Amalgam-Mercury Fillings?
Within the healthcare community, there are growing concerns about the health hazards of mercury amalgam (silver) materials used in dentistry. At Natural Smiles Dental Care we understand the concerns about the danger of mercury, and how they may affect our patients, our environment and our staff. In order to protect our patients and ourselves from mercury exposure we offer the following equipment and techniques.
- High volume vacuum system that pulls mercury vapors and particles away from the mouth.
- Ionizers in the treatment rooms help to remove air-born contaminants.
- Single tooth isolation and/or dental dams are used to prevent ingestion and inhalation of vapor and particle size amalgam.
- 100% oxygen is used as an alternative air source.
- Amalgam separators are used to collect the amalgam pieces so they don’t enter municipal water systems.
- After amalgam removal we offer our patients an oral detox rinse.
- Our dentists and assistants wear charcoal based dental masks, to prevent exposure to mercury vapors.