Natural Smiles Dental Care is continuing to monitor the Covid-19 outbreak, and we are committed to making our office as safe as possible for our patients and staff. While infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, we have added additional measures as recommended by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), as well as Minnesota State Dental Board and Minnesota Department of Health (MDH). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued, and have implemented the policies listed below:
The Minnesota Board of Dentistry has mandated that everyone entering a dental office (who is 6 years and older) is required to wear a face covering. If you don’t have a mask, one will be supplied for you. However, anyone who claims to have medical or other health conditions, disabilities or mental health, developmental, or behavioral needs that make it difficult to tolerate wearing a face covering is exempt from needing to wear one. If you or your child falls into this category, please inform our front desk receptionists upon arrival.
- Every person who enters our office will be asked to fill out a short Health Questionnaire.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. Patients may be asked to wait in their car after check-in, in order to adhere to these guidelines. We also kindly ask that large families please limit the number of family members that visit our office, if possible. We will do our best to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We have installed medical-grade HEPA filters throughout our office, to help with air purification.
- We are utilizing N95 masks, P100 respirators, and face shields for everyone’s personal protection.
- Extraoral vacuum dental suction systems (DentalAirVac) to be used for every aerosol-causing procedure.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, PLEASE SPEAK TO A NATURAL SMILES TEAM MEMBER. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND COOPERATION DURING THIS TIME.