Natural Smiles Dental Care is continuing to monitor the Covid-19 outbreak, and we are committed to making our office as safe as possible for our patients and staff. While infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, we have added additional measures as recommended made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), as well as Minnesota State Dental Board and Minnesota Department of Health (MDH). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued, and have implemented the policies listed below:
Due to the necessary extra precautions and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) our doctors and staff have had to implement, we are asking for a $25 one-time fee (lifetime fee), to help offset the costs. This PPE has been significantly price-gouged, due to the world-wide PPE shortage. This fee will be collected at your next dental appointment at our office. We are committed to fully protecting our patients and staff as much as possible. If, however, you are currently having financial hardship, please speak with one of our front-desk receptionists.
- Every person who enters our office will be asked to fill out a short Health Questionnaire, and we will check their temperature with a no-contact thermometer. Every staff member will also check their temperature upon arrival.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and reading materials, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. Patients may be asked to wait in their car after check-in, in order to adhere to these guidelines. We also kindly ask that large families please limit the number of family members that visit our office, if possible. We will do our best to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Our patients will be asked to rinse with an oral pre-procedural rinse (made from Ozonated Water and Tooth & Gums Tonic) once coming back to the dental rooms.
- We have installed medical-grade HEPA filters throughout our office, to help with air purification.
- We are utilizing N95 masks, P100 respirators, and face shields for everyone’s personal protection.
- Extraoral vacuum dental suction systems (DentalAirVac) to be used for every aerosol-causing procedure.
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, PLEASE SPEAK TO A NATURAL SMILES TEAM MEMBER. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING AND COOPERATION DURING THIS TIME.